You can make a difference!
P.S. Donate at the $250 Trio Circle or higher and you'll receive an invitation to an exclusive Musical Chairs donor event early next year, where Artistic Director Jeff von der Schmidt will preview our 2013 Summer Festival at The Huntington. Click here for a list of donor benefits.
Dear Friends of Southwest Chamber Music,
We invite you to become a donor to Southwest Chamber Music and really make a difference in our community. Your gift will make it possible for:
- 1,800 public school students at nine Los Angeles County schools to experience three live chamber music concerts, right in their own schools, through Southwest's Project Muse. We will provide 27 in-school concerts this year!
- More than 500 young high school musicians to receive 16 weeks of coaching from Southwest musicians through the Mentorship Program. The majority of these students are from families who cannot afford private music lessons.
- Southwest to provide affordable tickets that make our popular Summer Festival at The Huntington accessible to everyone, so they can enjoy "the most satisfying outdoor concert series in Los Angeles. With the setting sun providing the perfect backdrop, talented chamber musicians open our ears to works standard, rare and brand new."
- Southwest to commission and perform exciting new music from composers around the world, right here at home in the new and critically-acclaimed Los Angeles International New Music Festival, returning for the second year this January through March.
- Our two-time Grammy Award-winning ensemble to record the important music of our time. Our 29 CDs have helped make Southwest a community-based organization with an international reputation.
- Social service agencies, students, seniors and other community organizations to receive complimentary tickets to our concerts throughout the year, enabling many in our community to experience classical music concerts for the first time.
In these challenging times, your gift will make all the difference. Please support our efforts
to engage audiences with musicians and composers at the highest level of artistic achievement. We look forward to hearing from you soon and to seeing you again at our concerts.
Jan Karlin, Executive Director Jeff von der Schmidt, Artistic Director
To make your donation, phone toll-free to 1-800-726-7147 or go to www.swmusic.org.
Thank you for making a difference!
Southwest Chamber Music
638 E. Colorado Blvd, Suite 201
Pasadena, CA 91101 - 2006